Friday, June 24, 2011

How can you live in the United States,and not support your country?

How can you live in the United States,and not support your country?
WE as a nation are certainly not a perfect one but we are free to discuss,argue ,gripe,bitch,and moan about it. Why not try doing something constructive about it . Get out and find the right repersentation for what you feel needs to be changed and vote for that person .Join a group of like thinkers and lobby for change. Im just tired of America being the "problem" in some peoples minds,when in reality ,we are the government we are the voters . We hold that power,use it.. Our currant administration was put there by voters. I didnt vote for any of them and I will do my best to bring about change by putting my heart ,money and effort into a vote for change. I could never say the terrible things about the USA that I have read on line.It makes me sad. Freedom is never free and I for one am more than willing to pay the cost. Im sorry I should have said Americans not just people living here....And I dont think you can compare my question to anything Hilter said or did,if you read the entire question
Other - Politics & Government - 12 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Hitler posed the same question for the same reasons to the German people and they spent a wonderful few years pack-packing across Europe. When your country is wrong, it is wrong to support it's actions.
2 :
YOU SHOULDN'T, IF YOU DON'T SUPPORT YOUR COUNTRY THEN YOU DON'T BELONG HERE.
3 :
i live in the united states....and i definitely dont support this country because its not "my" country. my country is argentina. not everyone who lived in the united states is from the united states. that very close-minded thinking on your part.
4 :
I think that if all people are going to do is moan about America, then they can go to another country. No one is forcing them to stay! Well, maybe someone is, but if they are going to enjoy the freedom of America, the LEAST they can do is support it!!!!
5 :
I do support my country. That means disagreeing with my SERVANTS when they act up or do the wrong thing. I do not elect "leaders", I hire public servants. They are not my masters. They are the servants of the people. The government is not our master, nor should it be. It is our servant. When our servant gets out of hand and acts in a way that I deem unacceptable, darn tootin' I'm gonna rake it over the coals. Since the hiring and firing of our servants is managed according to certain rules, I will adhere to those rules, but those rules likewise permit me, as a citizen, to express my displeasure with my elected servants.
6 :
I partly agree with you. But you've got to understand the other side. Some people don't have the resources to do so, ie: time, money, knowlege, etc. In a perfect world we would all be able to get out there and be heard, vote and make a difference in the future of our country. But life gets in the way, and before you know it - it's too late.
7 :
You have the freedom to not support. You have the freedom to talk bad about America. That's America. Those are our rights and beliefes. We didn't get to where we are by forcing thoughts into peoples minds. We are considered the problem in many peoples minds because of our lovely administration and good ol' G.W.
8 :
What you see on line is from self centered people who want GOVERNMENT to see to all their needs , cradle to grave. Every dime needs to be spent on them.
9 :
A government of, by and for the people has been lost since the year 2000 and I certainly will lend my support to change when the time gets right. By the way I do vote but I wonder if it is counted and I do think something needs to be done to insure fair and honest elections. I will work for that.
10 :
I agree. We have our problems but we're a blessed country and we should be proud of it. Just because we have the freedom to speak out doesn't mean we have to disrespect our country. Also, if it's so bad people can leave anytime they wish.
11 :
This country was founded and has grown up with many hard fought for freedoms. Many people today do not understand or simply have no way to comprehend what it means to be free. Everyone has their own opinions. Mine? It is unfortunate that so many Americans take so little time to understand the workings of their own government and are willing to turn a blind eye to the criminals they have given control by inaction or inattention. I am likewise distressed with the people who would rather we give up our rights to question 'the establishment' and ignore what is going on about us. Sheeple is the term, I believe. Were it not for the fact that our leader currently believes he is doing "God's" bidding. That he believes he can trigger Armageddon and End of Days is also a bit disconcerting. So....we blow up the planet...and then discover that the writers of the Bible were a bit melodramatic. Oops! I believe in the gods, I just don't believe in our leader. I just wish people would vote for who they believed in rather that who they consider 'the lesser of two evils'.
12 :
I support my Country...It's my Country's current Government and it's policies that I do not support. That is how and why, I can live in the USA...because I have the right to support or not support what ever I want!