Sunday, August 1, 2010

Roughly how many flights are there per day in the United States of America?

Roughly how many flights are there per day in the United States of America?
I booked a flight today and was charged $5 for a "U.S. Security Service Fee." $5 isn't much on a $140 plane ticket, but I was wondering how many flights fly per day in this country. Wondering how much money "they" make just off that $5 charge that they put on each person's (I assume) ticket. By the way. Don't forget that it's $5 per person on each flight. So if 1 flight has 150 people that's $750 for that 1 flight. So let's say there are 10,000 flights a day and on average they hold 150 people each, that's $750,000. :) My math sucks. sorry. 10,000 * 750 = 7,500,000
Air Travel - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I'm sure you can find the number on the faa website.