Monday, March 7, 2011

When a president of the united states promises New jobs, and 300 Walmarts and 500 Starbucks open for buisiness

When a president of the united states promises New jobs, and 300 Walmarts and 500 Starbucks open for buisiness
Does that count? If so, isn't that great!!! Don't you just love the new jobs created in our economy when $20-$30 per hour jobs go over seas? Isn't it great how the government then blames the housing market and lenders for giving loans to people who can't afford the loans. Isn't it great how those people now have to work 32 hour days to make the same amount of money they used to make in an 8 hour day? Isn't america great!!!!
Other - Business & Finance - 5 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
yup sure is lol
2 :
I hear your rant,... and have to agree that many good paying jobs have gone overseas,and marginal pay jobs Like Walmart & Lowes have grown. The pols promise a "better tomorrow" ,but you know what happens to promises don't ya ?
3 :
it is still the land of opportunity. I still say to work smarter and not harder. I am a plumber, so no white collar job for me. Also, what has happened over time we have been conditioned to spend and buy through television and commercials rather than save and comprimise.
4 :
It is pretty shady that we have turned into a service economy that makes money spending our pittance on other service products. Work in a coffee shop to buy fast food that pays some OTHER guy to buy coffee. I'm a paramedic making pretty good money and i can't afford to have a family. There used to be a time where a guy on a drill press could afford a house, car, 3 kids and have some savings. I have a cat and eat a lot of peanut butter and jelly. This is growth and progress?
5 :
I agree that these days we are going totally backwards financially. I understand that there are a lot of people out there living beyond their means, but I am not. I personally am getting sick of all of this sunshine being blown up our a**es about "save money here, get rich there, think yourself rich, etc.". I make more money (hourly) right now then I ever have, but I cannot afford these constant, unfounded increases in gasoline, groceries and utilities. And the "good" news is that there seems to be no end in sight for us little people. Tell me who will HONESTLY change all of this and they have my vote!