Monday, June 14, 2010

Have you ever found it funny the amount of money the President of the United States of America makes?

Have you ever found it funny the amount of money the President of the United States of America makes?
You have these people spending millions of dollars for a job they get paid what $600,000 a year? I find it to be quite pathetic and a waste. What are your thoughts on this subject? I find this to be bad business.
Government - 6 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
he's supposed to be a civil servant. But what's funny is the VP giving no bid contracts to the company he has stock options in, so he becomes fabulously wealthy
2 :
Compared to the amount that CEOs get, I think it's rather fair. The job is extremely taxing and is considered the toughest job in America.
3 :
They make it back a hundred times over after they leave office, with speeches and books and board of directors positions. Like Mike Huckabee, even after he was mathematically eliminated stayed in the campaign a couple more weeks -- get his name a little more known, be a little more famous -- make a lot more money for speeches and appearances.
4 :
It's not funny, I know what it's about. I've said it before and I'll say it again. If I thought I could get elected I'd do the job for free. I mean you get fed and you get a place to live.
5 :
FD Roosevelt and Harry Truman deserved such a good salery-not the current war mongering US presidents.
6 :
The people who apply for the position of president usually come from a wealthy family. They may be spending more than they earn, but they have much more where that came from in the bank.