Sunday, June 1, 2014

Imagine you were the President, and I had a proposition for you...what would you think?

Imagine you were the President, and I had a proposition for you...what would you think?
Imagine you were the President of the United States of America. And you needed some money. So instead of having to go to Congress for the authority to print more money, you instead came to me. And I tell you that I will give you any amount of money that you want, and that you wouldn't even have to pay me back. The American people eventually will pay me back. And because the citizens don't like taxes, we decide that instead of it being a direct tax, it will be an indirect tax caused by inflation due to the fact that you're letting me print more money. So I print a trillion dollars for you, give it to you with a nice big bow on it, and say, here you go. You spend the money, and it trickles down into the hands of your people. Now, people are jumping for joy, because there's more money in the system and everyone appears richer. And even though the value of the dollar will go down since we just added a trillion extra dollars into the system, it's no big deal, since the people will never realize that they have to pay a hidden tax due to the inflation. In addition to this, since most of the money is going to be in the form of low interest bank loans, the people and businesses will have lots of money to borrow and be locked in a lifetime of servitude. Eventually, Mr. President, every big corporation in the world will be owing you money. So, if you were the president, what would you think? You get all the money you want, and because my hands are getting dirty, you don't need to tarnish the delicate system of checks and balances. Plus, as an added bonus, you'll make the economy look better, all while secretly ripping off the very people that fall in love with you. Sounds great, right? Now imagine if you were that American citizen or business.
Government - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
i does sound good but in the future it would probably affect me in the future and possibly either get myself killed or get fired
2 :
if that happened america would most like become one of the poorest places on earth and it would all be the presidents fault